FRIEND OR FOE?



I have this classmate of mine and her name's Annalisa Iryanna, but we call her Lisa.

She's a bit smaller than me but not short. She has skinny legs and has fair skin. She hails all the way from Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. I like her accent especially when she talks in English. Ooh yes, I envy that. I envy that a lot. And no, I shall not post a picture of her here without her consent lol.

You see, we had a spontaneous oral communication test today and you've to give a speech about a meaningful object to yourself. Lisa talked about this normal exercise book which, it was lost then found, a teacher wrote a meaningful note for her and that changed who Lisa was in that time. From a timid girl, she no longer became shy. Because of that note, she gained her self-confidence and she is the Lisa that I see today. Her speech was so smooth and in some way, was as if she was story-telling to the whole class, made me feel threatened haha. Yes, I am dead serious.

But then again, I don't have the skills to give a speech especially when it comes to public speaking. My humor is so dry. And the way I deliver a speech is like me debating. That sucks.

These are the reasons why I felt threatened. It was because I felt I was not in anyway, compatible at all nor was I the best competitor for her. I felt that she towers over me in almost every class and that irritates me, really. I don't like being second best.


So, what do I have to do now ?


Looks like I need to make sure that I score as good as her or maybe, higher than her (omg I think it really shows how competitive I am). But hey, it's a healthy competition. We're not fighting or anything (maybe we are in our minds...). I don't see how beneficial it is to me and to Lisa if we were to bring one another down. That's just wrong dude. We should promote a conducive environment for you to study in.

I'm gonna make it happen. 'It' referring to scoring as good as my competition or hopefully, better and in order for me to achieve that is to make sure I study smart and focus to make it happen!


Have a nice day



Update: In Eidulfitri 2014, I found out that Lisa is the daughter of my dad's childhood bestfriend. And her family is very close to my Nanny, my dad's mom. She also went through the things I experienced with regards to being ostracized because of our English. Ahhh the wonders in life.