#LIFEUPDATE 1





I know I haven't been writing anything for so long. I have so many things I want to write and share, but I never really had the chance (and time) to finish it. I am sacrificing my sleep time just to blog because I miss blogging, I swear. I have like 10 drafts but I never had the time to finish it 

What am I doing now?

I am currently enrolled in second semester (but it's  Semester 1, 2016 lol) here in Uni. of Queensland. I'm doing Bachelor of Arts, majoring in International Relations and minoring in Public Policy.

I am also a part of Malaysian Students' Council of Australia (MASCA) Queensland. I am the Corporate Relations (CR) Director and I love (and hate) my job! Proposals, proposals, proposals 24/7. I've never taken up any post similar to this so it's really something new for me. I am so happy that I have a really good team and they are so supportive. We are, currently, preparing for our first event here. It's on this Saturday at UQ Lakes, UQ. So heyy, if you are a Malaysian student studying in Queensland, head on over to Meet & Greet this Saturday. We got food hehe.

I also signed up for this theater audition this Sunday. I applied for Puteri Gunung Ledang, Bawang Putih/Merah and Sultan Melaka hehe. Worth giving it a try and even if I don't get selected, well, it's worth the laugh and embarrassment too.



How am I doing?

I am doing fine. Study wise, i am trying to catch up with my studies. I'm taking Global Security, Problems in Asia-Pacific Security, Foreign Policies & the Great Powers (a third year course, but wth) and Introduction to Politics & Public Policy. I am struggling with my readings every week because I always do it on the very last minute. Gosh, I really gotta work on that problem. But everything else is fine. I really, really, really want to get all 6's for my subjects this semester in order to improve my grades if I want to do honors. And I want to do honors.

I wish that this semester can just pause for a semester so that I can focus on my CR work. I am fairly happy with my work so far. I don't have any events related to my job nor do I have any events that i am primarily handling. So, that's good I guess. All I have to do is blast out proposals, set up meetings with companies interested to invest/sponsor MASCA Queensland and making sure that our sponsors get what they asked for. So far, we have only managed to secure Pricewaterhouse Cooper as our annual sponsor but I'm trying to get more. CR is so hard especially when Malaysia is going through some extreme budget cuts and a lot of corporate companies are downsizing. Rejection is a normal thing I face on a daily basis now, but I can live with this.

Spending hmmm, trying to curb this.

Make-up? It's week 3 of the semester and I rarely wear foundation now. If I have extra time, I'll apply a bit of mascara, eyeshadow (one or two colors), bronzer and blush. If I have extra extra time, then I'll conceal. But other than that, I'll just do my eyebrows and wear lip balm. My face is breaking out and my diet plays a huge role in that. I haven't been eating properly and I haven't worked out since December '15. I'll get back to that soon.

I am very happy right now. I know it's still in the early stages of the relationship but I'm very happy. I'm glad that we're both finally sure about this. And he is the most adorable thing on Earth! Getting together with him was so unexpected. It's a bit awkward for me because we don't know each other that well, but we're learning about each other as time goes by. It's still awkward for the both of us to walk with each other, especially around St. Lucia and on campus but we're getting by. I guess it's both a blessing and a curse that we're both in MASCA Queensland because we get to work and spend time with each other but we get to work with each other and most of our conversations are about work haha. I swear I thought he was a monotonous guy but the more we spend time with each other, the more he changes my first impressions of him. He's like a book. The more I read it, the more I want to know what happens next. He's such an amazing guy and he's the exact opposite of me. But I'm happy with him and I'm glad I 'popped the question' even if I made a complete fool out of myself.

I tried out for debate selections for Easters 2016 and I got the team, but as an adjudicator though. But it's okay because I haven't been debating for close to 5 years now and I was very surprised that I was doing well (I got into the second room, yay!). But I declined my spot because I already have plans during the tournament. It's okay. I'll try out for Australasian this May/June.


What are my plans?

As you all know, I am a concert virgin. I have never been to any concerts whatsoever. Buuuuut I will be attending Coldplay's concert on the 5th December (YAYYY!!) and I am very excited!!!! I got the bronze tickets (I'll be far away from the stage) and everyone else I know bought the silver or gold. But it's okay. The reason why I wanted to go is to tick it off from my wishlist. And I want to know how the environment is first before I decide to buy a ticket that's closer to the stage.

My short term plan is finishing up on my readings, get started with my essays due soon, blast out e-mails again and just have a good time with life. I like the fact that I'm constantly occupied with work. It keeps me busy and make sure that I'm always doing something. The only rest I get is sleeping. And I also hope to finish up my long awaited posts and blog more soon.

There are so many issues to talk and discuss, especially with what's happening in Malaysia. It's crazy. Everything is spiraling out of control. I just hope the situation will get better. It's so humiliating seeing The Economist actively publishing stories about Malaysia's political scene. I love my country but the people running it are so consumed with corruption and greed. So, a lesson we can learn here is that when you do something, be genuinely noble.


I'll blog more, I promise. But I'm very active on my other social medias haha. I have Snapchat now! Follow me at alyfrhnh. So if you want to say hi, just hit me up on any of my social media accounts.



Have a nice day






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me!