SHEET MASKS I LOVE

Throughout MCO, I've had the opportunity to use a sheet mask everyday. My skin feels so dry if I don't use one during the day, and tbh, my skincare routine feels empty without it. So, I would like to share with you a list of sheet masks I love and where you can get them!



  • Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin facial mask
I first tried this when my sister bought a bunch of it from her trip to Korea. I was instantly hooked. The sheet isn't too thin but it's not too thick either. And the after effects of wearing it is immediate (duhh!). My redness subsides significantly with this sheet mask. 

Price wise, it's expensive. It's the most expensive sheet mask in my list but I love it. It costs RM20 and you can only get in stores in Sephora. However, I haven't been able to find it anywhere in stores or online. I only managed to find it a pack of 5 on Sephora online and it costs RM110. It is...... too pricey. I think you can get it somewhere else but I never bothered to search for it. But if you have the chance to get it, I would highly recommend you try it out. If you're ever in Korea, please buy a bunch of it and give them to me hehe.


  • Etude House's Ceramide 0.2mm air mask
I've tried a few from this line but my favourite would be Ceramide. It reduces the redness on my face and this is the main reason why I love it. Don't even get me started on the essence leftover because you would get A LOT of it. I sometimes need to spread it on my neck, chest and shoulder so I wouldn't waste a single drop.

Ingredients wise, it's okay. However, it does have some a few essential oils in it but they're towards the end of the list. The only thing about this essence I'm not a big fan of is that I can feel the leftover essence sitting on my skin and this makes me slightly uncomfortable. I live in a tropical country and the heat can sometimes be too much. When you can feel the leftover essence on your skin (or maybe that is leftover on the skin that can't be absorbed anymore) and combine it with heat, my skin becomes oilier than usual especially at the butterfly area of the face.

You can get this sheet mask from any Etude House stores. It retails for RM5.50. I also managed to get one online from a seller on Shopee and it costed me RM2.90/piece. You can find the shopee seller here. This is a cheaper alternative to Dr. Jart's Ceramidin sheet mask. 


  • Face Republic Sleeping Beauty Face Masks
If you noticed, I don't have a specific mask from this line that I love unlike the one from Etude House. It's because I love them all! They have 6 different sheet mask; whitening (rice formula), soothing (aloe extract), nourishing (snail essence), hydrating (cucumber extract), rejuvenating (honey nutrient) and calming (tea tree oil).

Some people are particular about the ingredients in their skin care. I am happy to report that you would most probably love these sheet masks because the main ingredient in each of the sheet masks is almost always the first 5 ingredients listed. I love that the sheet itself isn't as thin as Etude House's 0.2mm sheet mask. The essence leftover isn't as much as the previous one mentioned but you're still able to squeeze out a few.

They are available in selected Guardian stores. How do I know? It's available in Guardian Melawati Mall but not available in Guardian Taman Melawati (that's on the same block with CIMB, Domino's Pizza and Ayamas), Guardian Wangsa Walk and Guardian Mid Valley Megamall (the one located on the 1st floor). They cost RM4.60 per piece. 


  • Garnier Skin Natural Serum Mask
Ingredients wise, I can't say much because it's mostly things I have to check on the Net to learn what it is but as long as it makes my skin feels good, I'm all for it! They have a few masks in this line but I particularly love the Light Complete Bright Up (white + yellow) sheet and the Hydrabomb (blue) sheet. My skin does feel a slight tingle when I wear the yellow one. So if you have sensitive skin and would like to try this, I would suggest you take it off if it's too much for you. The Hydrabomb Lavender and Green Tea is alright but I would always find myself gravitating to the two I've mentioned earlier.

There is sort of a downside to it. A lot of people do not like this line because of fragrance and some ingredients used. The Light Complete Bright Up mask has a few ingredients that can trigger fungal acne. 8 of them to be exact (I checked on SkinCarisma). And they have alcohol. Fortunately, most of these ingredients are placed lower in the list. If you are not okay with these, I would reckon you stay away from it or do enough research about it to know it's safe for you to use. I don't mind with the ingredients as long as they're not placed higher in the ingredient list.

The sheet masks sells for RM7.50 at both Guardian and Watsons. Give it a try when there is a sale for sheet masks.


  • Mentholatum Botanics Hyaluronic Acid Facial Mask
There are 3 versions of this. They have brightening and moisturising, anti-aging and moisturising and also deep hydrating. This is the cheapest one out of the bunch that you can get in stores. You can only get it at Guardian so far that I know of) and it's only RM3 per piece. For something that cheap, it's very much worth your money. It does the the job well, makes your skin feels supple and did I mention it's cheap?

Usually, you're not able to find it at the sheet masks racks. It's usually located somewhere near the counter along with snacks that are labelled for RM3 or less. You can miss this rack but I would suggest you give those racks a look because you might be able to find a gem like these sheet masks.


  • Beauty Buffet by Watsons Mask
This brand has a few lines under it. You can find a plethora of this brand in any Watsons store. But the line I like the most is the one shown as above. I do want to comment about how they differentiate the lines, or maybe they're not different lines, idk. They have a lot of masks and they do serve, generally, the same purpose. However, it's hard to differentiate the lines through the names. You can only tell they're different lines through their packaging. If you search for 'beauty buffet' on Watsons online or go to any physical Watsons store, you can observe that they have multiple lines (or not idk) and can be seen through their packaging. I do wish that there is a distinctive name for each of these lines so it's easier to point it out to people.



Back to their masks I like. First, let's talk about the Moisturizing Capsule Mask. You got your glycerin, your aloe vera juice, your panthenol (Vitamin B5) and your allantoin. You have your sodium hyaluronate but it's not placed higher in the ingredient list. Packs a punch and retails for RM6.50. 

They also have a Mandelic Acid Brightening Mask. I like this only because mandelic acid is the second or third ingredient in the list, depending on which packaging you have. My skin is sort of sensitive and my moisture barrier hasn't fully healed from the damage I've caused (this would be a story for another day). Due to this, I'm not able to consistently exfoliate my skin. My skin can handle The Ordinary's Salicylic Acid 2% Solution but it's always sold out. Since mandelic acid is a gentle AHA, I figured that  this would be a form of chemical exfoliation I should have once in a while. The green one costs RM 5.50 and the yellow one costs RM6.50.

Lastly, I also like their Squalene Repairing Mask. Squalene isn't placed higher in the ingredient list but I'm fine with that. Nothing special about this mask but I like it. The one in orchid retails for RM5.50 and the one in a darker shade of purple is for RM6.50.




  • L'Oreal Overnight Jelly Mask
Okay, I know this is not a sheet mask but I feel like I have to mention this and get more people to join me on this bandwagon because this stuff is good. Niacinamide is the second ingredient listed and as we all know, niacinamide is the current It-girl of skin care. My skin can't tolerate The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% sadly. I get tiny bumps whenever I use it. However, this overnight mask is a product my skin loves! You pair this with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, and I can assure you the zit(s) would either come to head or reduce. The pain would also subside too. 

I bought this at the airport before I boarded my flight to Brisbane. I've been eyeing on this since 2017 but never got around to buy it. I used to use this as a moisturiser back in 2017-2018. And when I wear makeup on, it's *chef's kiss*.  But my skin was different back then (again, a story for a different time). 



Since it's in a jar, I do not use my fingers to scoop it out. Instead, I use a teaspoon to scoop it out. I keep this in the fridge because I like to use it when it's cold. You don't need to fill the whole teaspoon. A third of it would suffice. They retail for around RM59-RM60. Yes, it's slightly more expensive but Watsons and Guardian have sales all year around. If you want to give this a try, I would suggest you get this when there is a skincare sale.


I think that's all for now. I might just post another one if I have more sheet masks I love, and perhaps include sheet masks that I can live without? We'll see. I do hope I'll post a second part to this because that means I get to try more new sheet masks! But for now, no more sheet masks shopping for me. I currently have 24 with me and I'm just short of 6 sheet masks to make it enough for the month of June haha. But do share with me some of your holy grail sheet mask(s) too so I can give it try!


Have a nice day 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me!