PET PEEVES: DIRTY KITCHEN



If you know me, you know how impatient I can be at times. And if you really know me and follow my tweets, you know that I always rant about my kitchen almost everyday. I cannot stand a dirty kitchen.

I am renting an apartment with 4 other girls and the kitchen is the most used common space in the house. You would assume that the kitchen is always neat and tidy since everyone uses it. But it's not. If you want me to get mad in a split-second, you should mess up the kitchen or not wash your dishes or not wiping the counters and stove or sweeping the kitchen floor after using it. It has never fail to piss me off. I cannot stand having a dirty kitchen.

I rarely cook and most of the time, I find myself cleaning the kitchen when I wanted to cook in the first place. I can't stand seeing both of my sinks full with unwashed dishes that are left for 2 days or more. I hate it when people just stack newly washed dishes on dry ones. And I really hate it when they don't arrange the dishes properly. I can't stand seeing grains or any spills on the counters or the stove. I can't stand walking in the kitchen when you can feel a lot of dusts or grains on the floor. I can't even stand being in the kitchen if the floor is oily. If all these things are not being attended to by the person responsible, I would do it. And I would make sure everything is cleaned before I start using the kitchen because I cannot stand using a dirty kitchen.

To me, it's common sense for you to wash your dishes after using it or immediately wipe a spill on the counter. But I don't know what's up with these people. I don't know why can't they do it. I'm pretty tired of always cleaning up after everyone else. At times it feels like I'm the kitchen maid, always washing up after everyone else. Earlier on, I am fine doing everyone's dishes. But now, I'm not because it's making some people irresponsible  and not using their common sense to wash after their mess. And it's gotten to a point where my morning starts with me ranting about how dirty and unorganized the kitchen is. It's not the best way to start my day and I pretty much hate it. I cannot stand having a dirty kitchen.

We are living in a house together but are we really living in a house together if it's only one person that's always cleaning up the kitchen? I'm paying the bills just like everyone else but it's not fair if I'm the only one taking care of the kitchen. Does this mean that everyone else is fine with a dirty kitchen but not me?


Have a nice day



2 comments:

  1. I live with 5 other girls for a year and is totally bersyukur for most of the girls being a neat freak. I can stand dirty kitchen as well and yup, if you want to see me in hulk mode, try to mess with the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's disgusting that they can leave their dishes for days and not wash it. I mean, I know you're busy but washing your dishes doesn't take an hour

      Delete

Share your thoughts with me!